Grundfos Pumps With MGE IE3 Motors Will Be Phased Out On 1 July
Grundfos introduces new pumps with an IE5 motor (MGE2) which replaces the present MGE IE3 motor.
This is important for several of our systems in which these improved Grundfos motors will be included.
As of 1 July 2017, pumps with MGE2 IE5 motors are introduced continuously in the following installations:
- PS5 / 7
- MS5 / 7
- AM150 / 200
- AMM150 / 200
- Voyager 4 / 4K
- KPV100 / 150/400
- nVBS25-5, 25-10, 25-15, 25-20 & 25-30
Characteristics of the above systems supplied with the new MGE2 IE5 motor:
- Machine number of 8 digits starting at 100000.
- 500, 750, 1000 and 1500 mm cabinets will be 50 mm deeper
- 5.5kW motor will be upgraded to 6kW
- Please, note that pumps will get new part numbers which can be seen in the instruction manual.
MGE2 IE5 motors up to 2.2kW have been introduced a few years ago, for which reason CP / 7, Voyager 2 / 2k, nVBS 16-3 and others are not affected by the above-mentioned.
Which are the benefits of the new MGE2 IE5 motor?
- Permanent magnet motor
- Pumps with motors from 1.1 kW and up to 11 kW
- Reduced power consumption: savings of 2%
- Higher ambient temperature: from 40 to 50°C
- Wider voltage range: from 3x380-480V to 3x380-500V
Spare parts for G4 and G5 systems from System Cleaners
Grundfos pumps with the new MGE2 IE5 motor are compatible with the current
Grundfos pumps with 4kW and 5.5kW MGE IE3 motors. 7.5kW pumps with the MGE IE3
motor are not compatible with the new Grundfos MGE2 IE5 motor.
In August 2017, we will send you detailed information about ordering spare parts for pumps with the Grundfos MGE IE3 motor.
How to tell the difference between MGE IE3 and MGE2 IE5 motors?
The below systems o 3x230V-50Hz are discontinued without compensation:
- Voyager 4 / 4K
- PS5 pump station
- MS5 main station
- nVBS 25-5 booster
- KPV 100/150/400 chemical pumping station
Learn more about the Grundfos MGE2 IE5 motor on Grundfos’ website:
Should this information give rise to questions to us, please contact your current
contact person here in System Cleaners A / S.
We are currently working on updating our product catalogue and product sheets.
As soon as it is ready, you will be informed about it by e-mail.
For now, I take the opportunity to wish everyone a happy summer.
Per Kjøller, Development Manager