Safety during operation
Safety instructions during operation
- It is recommended that suitable working clothes be worn. For protection against certain types of detergents, always use protective goggles, respiratory protective equipment and rubber gloves.
- It is recommended that non-slip footwear be worn since the floor can be slippery due to the presence of water and foam.
- This system may only be operated, maintained and – not least - repaired by persons who are familiar with the system and properly trained to carry out the job concerned.
- It is the customer’s responsibility that these installation and operating instructions are supplemented by in-house instructions concerning inspection and reporting, industrial management, personnel training, etc.
- Do not carry out any work if you are unsure of the consequences or are insufficiently skilled to carry it out. If in doubt, you should contact your superior or your agent in advance.
- Never direct the water jet at other persons.
- Never direct the water jet at electrical installations.
- Check that couplings “lock” when hoses and nozzles are fitted. If possible, practise this procedure before operation. Always relieve the pressure in the rinsing hose by opening the low-pressure gun/valve (AFTER the water supply has been shut off) before dismantling the couplings and removing the hose.
- During operation of the system, ensure that the low-pressure gun/valve is closed before releasing the handle.
- When the low-pressure gun/valve is opened, the water jet will result in a significant amount of counter-pressure. Therefore make sure that you hold the handle firmly and have a firm foothold.
- Before removing the cabinet, the power supply MUST be switched off.
- Safety precautions and safety devices must comply with national regulations applicable at any time (e.g. Power current regulations, EN 60204 or EN 50178).
- Requisite safety precaution: earthing of unit.
- Requisite safety device: Overload protection (fuses)
- Internally, protection corresponds to IP 55. On a number of components hazardous voltages can occur. During operation the cabinet must always be closed.
- Never insert or remove a plug from an electrical socket unless the power has been switched off.